Thursday, April 05, 2007

Update as promised...Pics of birthday party too! :)



Well, my appointment was today. Turns out the lump is not a cyst. It's a lump. That's basically all I know at this point. It's my turn for surgery. I'm having outpatient surgery next Friday to remove it. I'm bummed. I had really convinced myself that it was just a cyst like my gyno thought. No such luck! He said we're going in aggresively due to family history. He did a needle aspiration, well tried, but the thing is so damn hard he couldn't get anything out of it. Once he gets it out it's being sent to another doctor to look at under a microscope to see what it is. That is about 90% accurate. After that it'll be looked at again Friday evening and that test is 100% accurate. I won't get the results until Monday. It hasn't really sank in yet that this *could* be more serious than I thought but I've been trying not to think about it too much.




I got a hair cut today and bought a new bra. Yes, I caved, and spent $50 on a new one. Sue me!! Victoria Secrets sales associates are extremely helpful and nice. I ran this poor woman ragged because hey, I didn't know my own bra size. I do now though. :) She even came into the room with me to make sure that it fit right and I didn't flinch. I guess I figured that a complete stranger, although a doctor, touched my boobs what's one more stranger seeing the belly fat. hehehe


Here are the birthday pics I promised...
The second cake I made. It was strawberry.
The castle cake. Three different flavors, chocolate, strawberry, and white.
Christian and Caitlyn on the trampoline. It was a beautiful day! The party was held at my parents' house.
Caitlyn on one of Hope's birthday presents.
This is what our birthday girl was doing all day. Running and more running! :)
Here she is after all her running around. :)
Just cause I thought it was a cool pic. :)
Just because I thought this was a really cute picture.
Caitlyn is convinced she needs a bike this size. hahaha She screamed everytime we took her off. Of course my kids inherited my short gene so they're kind of screwed. hehe
I don't guess there's really much more to put here besides I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Ohhhh Becky, lot's and lot's of prayers for you! The Lord has brought you to this, and he will give you the strength to bring you through. *hugs*

Yay for bra splurge! Hair cut? How much did you cut? I wanna see. :)

Okay, seriously I want a castle cake for my 31st!! Think you can manage that? ;) Both cakes are adorable. How long did it take you?

Caitlyn's hair is sooo cute! LOL at her determination on the bike.

That lighting of the candles is a cool pic! It's so hard to catch flame without ending up a blurry photo.

Hope reminds me of Keegan...run, run, run, run! Oy.

Becky said...

Thanks Carrie! It's really appreciated. :)

Not much. Basically same style just shorter. Maybe I'll have someone take our pic tomorrow at Easter. :)

Hahaha If you want a Castle Cake I'll make you one. :) Thanks. I had to make 5 9in cakes. The decorating took almost 3 hrs with a couple of breaks. I didn't mind though, it's fun. :) I know I'm weird but I love to decorate them and I'm getting better. :)

I just thought the candles came out great in the pic. I know what you mean about the blurry pics. :)