Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A day full of screams, thrills, and chills.

It wasn't even filled with ghosts but it was filled with rollarcoasters, water slides, pizza, and looney tunes. My sister, her friend, friend's sister, and I went to Kentucky Kingdom yesterday. Talk about fun fun fun! We left out of the county at about 8:30am and headed to Louisville. After getting lost in Downtown Louisville looking for a restroom we got directions from a nice man. Thanks Dude! I couldn't believe gas there is $3 and more. Wow! Glad we didn't have to stop till we got back to the county.

The first ride we got on was the Chang. That was a ride. I love that one. We rode another rollarcoaster and headed over to a couple of water rides. Let me tell you denim and water does NOT mix. haha I wasn't even thinking about the skirt getting wet when I left. Well, it got soaked off the Mile High
and THE PENGUINS BLIZZARD RIVER ™. I even met a cute little 5 yr old whom was nice enough to offer for us to ride with them again. Poor thing was soaked. She looked like she was enjoying herself.

We headed over to their waterpark for awhile. That was fun too all except the body slides. The one I was on hurt me. It'll be awhile before I get on another one of those. Ouch! It was my first time on one. We didn't really like their waterpark.

We grabbed some Papa John's Pizza and sat down and ate. We went back to Mile High and the Blizzard Ride. It started sprinkling so we hurried up and wanted to get on some of the rides we havne't rode yet. We got all our stuff out of the locker and walked back across the street. We got on the Hellevator and while we were strapped in waiting for take off it started pouring down rain. They went ahead and launched us into the air. While we were in line we were counting to see how long it would be before they let us go. Well, they held us up longer this time. Since it was raining we were scared of being stuck up there or even a bolt of lightning. It wasn't lightning when we were line. So here we were stuck up 15 stories, our feet dangling, in the rain, and they didn't release us like they had the other 4 runs before us. When they did release us it was such a shock. We knew it was coming and we thought we knew when but they surprised us.

We got to ride one more before they shut the rides down due to thunder and lightning. We milled around a gift shop (I couldn't come home without bringing something for my kids) and I picked up a couple of things for the little ones.

I am really happy that I got a break from the kids and what a fun way to do it. My kids are still to little to go. I think maybe next year we'll take Christian to Holiday World & Splashin' Safari. I think he should be tall enough to ride most of the rides by then, well the kiddie rides at least. I have fond memories of my parents taking my sister and I almost every year there. I dream of doing the same for mine once they get old/tall enough.

I really have to comment about Jeremy over all this. He picked the kids up for me at the babysitter's house when he got off. He even fed them and put them to bed. When I got home last night the kids and him were fast asleep and happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note. My poison ivy rash is doing a lot better. The steroids are doing well to get rid of it all. It didn't bother me all day yesterday at all! I was worried but I didn't need to be!

Live, love, and smile! :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

How fun! That's great you got some time away to have fun, and that Jeremy did so well with the kiddos.

I'm so moving your way! :) I haven't seen our gas under $3.25 in a year or more.

lol @ the denim and water rides...I so can relate. :)

I love thrill rides...love them! Chang and hellevator look awesome. We always take the kids with us to the amusement parks so it's pretty rare anymore unless Grandma is with us that Shawn & I can escape for the "good rides".

Glad to hear your poison ivy is doing better!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Becky said...

Yeah. I was so proud of him. :) Last night gas was $2.78. I figured it would be more than that because of the rally and all. Come on down we'd love to have ya'll! :)

That's one of the many reasons why I won't take the kids to any right now. I liked to ride the rides and if I pay upwards to $40 per ticket I would like to ride what I want. I know that's hard if you don't have a babysitter. :(

Thanks. It's getting better but the dry skin is eating me alive. I've been putting Caitlyn's lotion on it and it has helped.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work International uk reverse phone search Residential security screen door Moving services new york city. bowl coach football future redskin Microsoft software training frederick md visualization penis enlargement mercedes clk 230 O-zone ringtones Sams laser fax Maryland nationwide dial up http://www.choose-a-financial-advisor.info