Sunday, June 25, 2006

I have been childless since Friday night...

and still don't know what to do with myself. lol Jeremy has been at work and the kids are staying with their papaw till tomorrow. The house is just too quiet for me. I have been gone practically all day.

I went to the cemetery where my grandparents and my aunt are buried. I cleaned up their stones and put new flowers in my grandparent's containers. Very sad. My neices were with me when I was taking pictures. This was the first time they had ever been to a cemetery. They did rather well and were not morbid afterwards. I did get pictures but unfortunately left my camara at my other grandmother's house so I can't upload them. I'll get them tomorrow. I just can't handle being there that long. Too emotional for me. I cried just talking to them today. I introduced their great granddaughters to them and just welled up so bad. I had to turn away from the girls so that they didn't see me cry. I had told them that they were better off. They seemed to understand. They even wanted to walk around a bit to look at the other headstones. My youngest neice wanted to go into a moselium. Umm no.

Well, gotta go. :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow...kiddo free for the weekend? I wouldn't know what to do with myself either. lol

Awwww, sorry to hear your visit to the cemetery was an emotional one. I haven't been to visit my grandmother, but I'm sure I will lose it when I do. :( That's good that your neices did well in the cemetery.

Becky said...

No I didn't know what to do with myself. lol

I sure did. :( Like I said I had to break up my visits because it was just overwhelming. :(