This house is really and truly pissing me off! The previous owners changed a lot of stuff right before they put it on the market. Well, we're finding out how much we got SCREWED when we bought this one. Uggggg. Let me know if you think this is normal...the summer before we bought it (which was 5 1/2 yrs ago) they put a new roof on it. Well, last summer we had to replace the ENTIRE roof because of water leaks and it was just in such poor condition.
They replaced plumbing. My dishwasher leaks sometimes. The way they fixed the plumbing in the kitchen, you can't even tell there is a clog in the food disposer. Well, until you run the dishwasher and wake up the next morning and see water on the kitchen floor. The toilet starting leaking so the floor was wet. When we fixed the leak we realized it was doing it more than we realized (the floor was carpeted). We had to reinforce the floor before we ended up in the basement. The cold water in Bathroom sink started leaking as well. Hubby had to turn off the cold water so that left us with only hot water to do daily stuff and you just hoped you washed your hands quick enough before you got burned. And just in case you're wondering our son used the tub to wash his hands. It was closer for him to reach anyway and I didn't want him to burn his hands. Then we had a 2 finger sized hole in one of the pipes under that sink so we couldn't use it for awhile. Hubby was working a LOT so he didn't have time to get to it right away.
Oh I forgot to mention the piece of drywall (or whatever that stuff is called) fell from the ceiling in one of the rooms right after we moved in. A huge storm we had helped with that though.
And just last night we found ANOTHER water leak in the basement. I'm so sick of things going wrong in this house. Especially if they were "new" when we bought the house. Man, we got so SCREWED!!!!! At least this new leak will be no big deal to fix although I have to wait until Monday till the hardware store opens to get a new line. This one goes to our refrigderator.
I know that life is hard but why oh why can't we just cut a break. We're working to pay off our debt. It's getting a lot better so thank God, but it just seems that as soon as something goes right something bad happens.
I guess the only thing to do is make lemonade out of all the lemons that have been thrown at us!
I still want to build though....
Saturday, April 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gosh. Isn't it always one thing after another? :( I'm sorry. Leaks, maybe it's time to call Roto-Router? HeeHee.
LOL Just time for the dang cat to stay out of the basement! LOL
Although I wouldn't mind if a couple of Roto Router guys came over. ;) lol
Post a Comment