Monday, October 19, 2009

Renovating and Other Stuff

Happy Monday!

I am in the middle of renovating. A wall was put up in my son's room so he could have some privacy. What was supposed to be just a 3 day project has turned into a 3 week project and still continuing. I would have understood a week or two but I'm getting irritated. The guy that is doing the drywall work takes half days or says he's in need of something when he knew about it the day before and said that he would pick it up on his way here in the morning. He does awesome work, but I'm getting impatient. Who knows maybe I'm being unreasonable. Probably so.

Well, this weekend all the trim was painted closet in the room was cleaned out, and new bed was put together. Problems found: drywall guy cut out a piece that he wasn't supposed to, closet's walls are so wet that the wallpaper is just peeling off, and couldn't get my son into his new room.

A metal roof was put on a few years ago. Well, while the drywall guy was here he noticed that the ceiling was wet. Ugh. There's a leak. Turns out that one of the nails went to far or something and that's where it's leaking. Had the guy that did the roof back out to look at it. He says, "There's no leak! That was there before." Yeah right, liar! The water on my walls in that closet says there is a definite leak. :( Needless to say that guy is NOT coming back to do anything with this house.

I'm hoping that the drywall guy will finish the job today or tomorrow. My daughter has a dentist appt on Wed and I'm having dental work done on Thurs. I really don't want to have to play hostess to someone after I get this done.

Sorry about the rambling. I didn't realize how much I needed to vent. Thanks for letting me do so.

Oh and I will get pictures up soon! :)

No comments: