well, at least it is to me. I was Saved at Church Christmas Eve. All that's left for me to do is baptism.
A little backstory, I was baptised Catholic when I was 13yrs old. Once I got married and had a baby on the way I realized how out of place I felt when I went to church. Sort of when you go to a party and know no one. I didn't go to church for awhile after that. Then my MIL started taking my son to the Christian church that my grandfather took me and my sister too when we were little. I started going but you know that same feeling followed me there. That and Christian really got to where he didn't want to go at all. I'm on the mindset that if it doesn't happen very often then I'm fine with him skipping it. This started happening almost every Sunday and on the days I did get him to go he would start crying and fussing throughout the service so I was forced to leave.
A couple of months ago my best friend Jeff was baptised at the local baptist church here in town. I went as support and I was very proud of him. I liked it so much that I took Christian and Caitlyn with me the next Sunday. Christian really liked it. A lot of his friends from school are in his sunday school class and there is a Children's Church where they call the kids up and they go off to do their own thing. Which I love. He doesn't have to sit there throughout the whole sermon listening to words he doesn't understand. The feeling I get here has been peace and inclusion. So I have taken the plunge and started the steps needed to be a full memeber of this church.
So it looks like I'm going to get baptised again. I'm so very happy about this. I would like to thank Jeff for giving me a reason to visit this church in the first place. If it weren't for him I probably wouldn't be at a church at all right now. :)
God Bless! :)
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ohhhhh Becky, how absolutely wonderful!! :) Congratulations.
I was born and baptized Lutheran. When I was about eight we moved to a new town and found a wonderful Baptist church, huge congregation of over 1,000 but it was such a warm and welcoming church. We fell in love and in place, and we were all baptized again. It was such an amazing experience.
*Hugs* :)
Thanks! I really do love this church. Everyone there seems so welcoming and quick to become friends but it could be a little bit of the noseys too. haha
Post a Comment