Saturday, November 29, 2008

BF Shopping!

My heart goes out to the two killed at the Toys 'R' Us in California and the Walmart employee who was trampled to death in New York. Why people get so crazy over some things is beyond me. It's just stuff and if you didn't get it this time, it'll be harder but it can be done. Thoughts and prayers go out to them and their families!

We went out yesterday as a group, 6 people; my mom, sister, aunt, cousin, my friend, and me. We started at Walmart and got there just a touch after 5am. There were NO parking places left at all. I had to park the car in the cargo area. Some people were parked right off the highway according to my dad when he came and picked up everything. It was NUTS! I don't think I've ever seen that many people at walmart before. It sure was fun though! I didn't experience any negativity. Everyone that I came into to contact with were really nice and talkative. We waited in line to check out for an hour. I think we got out of there about 6:30 or something. The first time since I've started going that we haven't been out by 6. We bagged everything up in black trash bags so that my neices who were with my dad wouldn't see any of the goodies that we picked up.

After that we stopped at Office Depot, my aunt jumped in the car with Jamie, Amanda and me and we took off to Toys 'R' Us, while my mom and Daphne shopped at Office Depot. The line there at T.R.U. was INSANE!!! I had went through there and picked some stuff up and was looking at movies when my mom called(they had showed up) and said that Kathy and Daphne were in line. So Amanda and I made our way to the line. It was wrapped around most of the back wall of the store!! I called Daphne to find out where they were in line and they weren't but maybe about 40 people in front of us. I could see them. A min or two and she yells over they're leaving because the line wait is about 45 mins long! I said no way to that wait time too, because not one thing I had was on sale, and I can come back without the crowds and get it some other time. So we laid our stuff down (sorry TRU employees!!!) and left.

Jame and I decided that we were going to try to get something at Sears that our dad has been wanting so mom and them went to Best Buy while we were at Sears. They didn't have it, bummer! Have to find something else!

We were on our way from Sears to meet the others at Arby's for breakfast and I didn't think straight. I tried to turn onto Burkeheart(sp??) off the Lloyd. Yeah, I know better just didn't think yesterday. So anyone who knows what I'm talking about knows that this intersection is INSANE! I got stuck out into traffic because a lot of the cars were switching lanes while turning...and the light by Best Buy was backed up too with people stuck out into traffic. I got out of the turn lane went up and turned left then came up the back way into Best Buy parking lot. And while we were there we hit up Gordmans, Michaels, and Best Buy!! Left the same way because I wasn't dealing with turning into that crazy mess right there. We had to come back through that mess though to get to Target!

This is where I really noticed the selfishness of some people and it was just one that did this, that I saw anyway. There was a place in the parking lot that is a 3 way stop. I was behind this huge ram, a car on the opposite sign, and then one that's turn was after the ram's. This SUV from a parking lane decides he doesn't have to wait and makes this mini intersection a flipping 3 CAR LANE...he just whips out ignoring all the other vehicles trying to get through this thing. The ram and the other cars were honking and I got to see some pretty impressive displays of road rage from the guy in the ram! Although if the guy in the SUV is so self absorbed and thinks himself so important, the honks and displays fell on deaf ears and blind eyes! I do not like people like that. Just because you think you're all superior and important does NOT mean you are or that the rules are not for you!!!! Somebody could get hurt when people do that stupid shit!

All in all it was a fun day!! We hit 10 different stores. Left yesterday morning at 4:30am and pulled into the driveway about 5pm or so. Had a lot of fun and laughed all day! The best part is: MY KIDS ARE DONE!!! haha I'm never done on Black Friday but I went through all their stuff last night and yep they're done!!

Now just to get through my son's birthday and we'll be able to completely focus on Christmas!!!

No comments: