Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Saturday the 7th the city shot off their fireworks so we went to see those. Pretty good show but I thought it was pretty short. I love fireworks though so I felt a little jipped when they were over about 30mins after they started. hehe

So anyway here's a few pics:

Lil' Red being goofy. Best pic I got of him all night. Can you tell he had been playing hard? haha



My youngest neice. I swear this girl is going to end up in the hospital one day. She is so clumsy. I love her to death but at ballgames she's not allowed on the bleachers because she has fallen on them 3 times (in a 2 week period). Poor thing.
I'm ready for my close-up!!
Practice firework. They were playing and heard it.
She's tired already and they haven't even started yet.
A couple of pics of the fireworks.




I swear something is wrong with my camara. I tried to take this shot:





That's what I ended up with. I don't know what happened. I know she's blurry because of movement. I had it set on the sports setting but it doesn't help. Bad lighting maybe? Any ideas? Thanks!



After the fireworks were over we went home and I had to bake a cake for my oldest neice. Her birthday was last month but her mom couldn't get the local pool rented in time. We had her birthday party Sunday. I spent all day on this thing. It didn't turn out like I wanted but in my defense it was the first time I tried dying icing for a cake. Anyway, here's how it turned out:


Her Tinkerbell Cake:
Close up of the hair and face.

Hahaha, as you can see I made her face too dark. Oops! I just told my neice that she got a sunburn because she didn't put any sunscreen on. Seem to work for her. lol
It was a lot of work but so worth it. I really would like to take classes so I can get better at this stuff. It's something that I may be interested in doing as a job. I love, love, love baking and decorating cakes. I just need to get better at it. hehehe
Hope you had a great weekend! :)

P.S. Is anyone else having a hard time putting a title in?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Awwww she looks so cute in her chair, looking all tuckered out.

The blurry picture is kind of cool, I have no idea why it would distort that much, esp. if you had your camera set to sports setting.

LOL @ Tinker bell with a sunburn, that works! Cute. Seriously does decorating a cake like that take a ton of patiences?

I've had a bugger of a time trying to add titles to my posts too. I just click, click, click in an insane frantic way and eventually the cursor shows up so I can type. lol