Where to start today. Geesh. I'm telling you once stuff starts going downhill it's definately like a snowball effect. I got up this morning and could barely walk I was in so much pain. My stomach is knotting and it seriously almost felt like labor pains to me. Not that much pain but it was getting pretty dang close! It's 12:30am and they're still coming and going.
Caught my son in a lie. He said that his cousin hit the other cousin and that's why she was crying. Turns out nope, she just wanted a hug from her sister whom refused to give her one.
My oldest neice had a softball game tonight. My sister is at work so I had to take her. This is where my son gets his punishment. He is allowed to go to the softball game but he is NOT allowed to play on the playground. Something he really loves to do when he's not the one playing a game. Well, anyway, we're sitting through the game and he starts asking if he can go to the playground, umm no. So he starts crying, then screaming just like his 2yr old sister. He's 6! Maybe tantrums are normal at this age and I was too hard on him but we left. I told him to stop crying about it to which he replied, "Well, I will if you let me go to the playground!" That was the point I said enough. Said my goodbyes and scooped him and his sister and got in the car.
Do you think I was too hard on him? Keep in mind that this is not the first time that he has lied to us. Plus he thinks crying will get him whatever he wants. With me it doesn't but with daddy it does because he can't stand to hear the crying. Daddy even got up from supper and went to bed tonight so he wouldn't have to listen to his daughter screaming because I wouldn't let her have a cookie. She didn't finish her supper. What am I supposed to do? Give in each time he's home and then start fresh again in the morning while he's at work?
I did go on a 30 min walk tonight after the kids went to bed. Saw two skunks. Does anyone else have this problem in their town? We have no problem with people out after dark but look out for the skunks!!
By the way, my neice's game was postponed till tomorrow with 2 innings left due to a storm. This is tournement but they are losing this game so far. Something like 15 to 7 I think my sister said. They tried but honestly there were some plays that were totally screwed up. Hey, they're 8! Plenty more chances! It doesn't help that the team they're playing against is also the team that is undefeated this year. We'll get them next year! :)
I'm going to try to get some sleep now. Hope to hear from ya soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Geesh. I'm telling you once stuff starts going downhill it's definately like a snowball effect. I got up this morning and could barely walk I was in so much pain. My stomach is knotting and it seriously almost felt like labor pains to me."
*sigh* I'm so sorry.
I don't think you were too hard on him, you laid down the rules before the game. I would have done the same thing, crying and screaming is always a signal that it's time to leave for us. Be firm, and don't give in to those crying fits, he'll quickly figure out his methods aren't working and that he can't manipulate you. Both Mom and Dad need to be on the same page on this one, if Dad can't handle the crying he should learn put his foot down too, to tune it out, or walk away to gather some patience, not go to bed so he doesn't have to deal. Good grief, Kids throw fits, that's a given. It's really unfair to leave you to deal with it all of the time.
Thanks Carrie!
Post a Comment